Each student shall attend his/her zoned school unless approval is granted to transfer to another school (including public schools in surrounding counties), pursuant to state law.

Parent seeking to enroll their children in a school other than their “zoned” school for a variety of reasons. Pursuant to HB 7029, beginning in the 2017-2018 school year, parents seeking additional choice options for their student(s) may apply for placement for their child in any school in the state that has not reached capacity (available seats).

Controlled Open Enrollment allows school districts to make student school assignments based on the parent’s indicated school of choice.

·         are available online for immediate submission or a print copy may be obtained at each school and submitted for OPEN Schools ONLY:

o    electronically at COEApplications@polk-fl.net

o    mailed to the Pupil Accounting office, C/O Pupil Accounting, PO Box 391, Bartow, FL 33831

o    dropped off at 1915 South Floral Avenue, Bartow, FL

·         must be submitted no later than 5:00 PM on the last day of the application period

Apply Now

Enrollment/Placement COE Application will only be processed for those schools identified as “Open” on the Controlled Open Enrollment School List.

Approved COE applicants will be notified in writing once the enrollment period ends. You are required to take your notification letter to the assigned school within 14 calendar days to obtain a class schedule and claim a seat.


·         Transportation to and from the transfer/placement school is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.

·         Student Hardship Transfer/Placement is available for students within Polk County only.

·         COE Applications are available during the appropriate time periods on the District’s website, and paper copies are available upon request at each school.

·         IEP requirements cannot be guaranteed for students accepting a COE Transfer/Placement.